Golden Globes Gift Lounge

Golden Globes Gift Lounge
Eric Stonestreet at the Golden Globes Gift Lounge

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Friends on Friday - Kathy Panton

Kathy Panton is an artist who uses a technique of painting gouache on paper to create unique collage art. She produces mainly nursery and abstract art and has had her designs also used in the fashion industry. She works as an artist full time in her home studio in Brisbane, Australia. I asked her more about her technique and this was her answer.

Even though I have been using the technique since about 1999, I still find it fascinating, and I actually enjoy watching paint dry because with this technique most of the time I don't know really whats going to happen. I guess its a fascination with the process itself, also I feel most calm and at ease when I am painting. I remember walking into an art store at about the age of 17 for the first time, smelling the paint and felt like I was home.







Link to Etsy shop

http://www.etsy.com/shop/kathypanton


Here is 'Hearts a Mess' By Gotye. One of my favourite Australian Artists and I know Kathy is a fan too.

No comments:

Post a Comment