Golden Globes Gift Lounge

Golden Globes Gift Lounge
Eric Stonestreet at the Golden Globes Gift Lounge

Saturday, July 24, 2010



CAMELS

I've always had a thing about Camels. I know they are cranky animals with strange feet and knobbly knees but I think it is just the fact that they look plain weird that I like them so much. They conjure up visions of far away, exotic places and childhood stories like "Arabian Nights" even though there are thousands of feral camels running wild in Outback Australia. They were set free by the old explorers and camel train operators who used them for what they are best known for the "Ships of the Desert"

I use them in a lot of my mixed media work but I also love to draw and paint them. They lend themselves to comical characters very well I find. People usually smile when they look at the finished product though, I have been told, never trust a grinning camel.



Groovy Camels Card card
Groovy Camels Card by kewzoo
Shop for a different card on Zazzle


Crazy Camel postage stamp
Crazy Camel postage by kewzoo
Shop for stamps at zazzle






No comments:

Post a Comment