Golden Globes Gift Lounge

Golden Globes Gift Lounge
Eric Stonestreet at the Golden Globes Gift Lounge

Monday, August 30, 2010

Sunday Supper on Monday

Yes I know I am a day late but I have been having some internet problems lately. This week I made "Chicken Cacciatore". This dish is serious fast food. I mean fast as it only took 15 minutes to prepare and then cooked it slowly on the stove for 45 minutes just checking occasionally. I chose to use a "Free Range' chook, cut into six pieces. It tastes fantastic and the only thing I added was some italian herbs (can't help myself sorry) Me thinks that the one on the recipe card also had a few tablespoons of tomato paste added due to the colour of the photo. I think next time I make this ( I will as we are having left overs tonight, yummy) I will put in a bottle of passata as well and leave it uncovered just to try it out. Husband is a big fan of this dish and wants it added to the regular menu.









Now that I am back at my part time job I am going to get in to the cakes and biscuit sections. The ladies will love it at morning tea time. One of my work mates was kind enough to bring her old, well used, Women's Weekly Cook books from the early 1970's so I will be trying some of those as well. I will have to make some copies from it as I am not game enough to bring it home as it is now out of print. We had a lot of fun looking at the old photos in it at tea time and I think it brought back some happy memories for the older ladies.

Cheers and good eating

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment