Golden Globes Gift Lounge

Golden Globes Gift Lounge
Eric Stonestreet at the Golden Globes Gift Lounge

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Karin Taylor

I met Karin Taylor online a few years ago now and I have been a fan of her wonderful work since then. I will be stocking her cards in my Gallery/Shop and l'm happy to be sharing some of it with you now. First, I will let Karin tell you a little bit about herself.

My name is Karin Taylor, my home is Australia, my muse is the ocean. For the last 10 years I’ve been busy creating little art offerings to share, a morsel of friendliness, a taste of sugary nostalgia, a little warmth for the heart, a moment of reflection for a passerby, an intention of goodwill, a kind gesture, these things go a long way. I like to illustrate in a way so that children and adults can relate.

I hope the art takes people on little journeys outside the normal everyday sphere of living, into dreamworlds and other realms where imagination can flow unhindered…to touch a heart, to spin a dream, to share a thought, a love, a special memory..these are the things that make life meaningful for me, for others…. making that connection with my viewer is everything for me, ensuring that I am ‘making meaning’ with my art is also important. I used to think art was a selfish process, but now I realise it is also a giving and nurturing desire that leads the artist to create for others, to embrace the part of another’s soul that cries out to be heard, loved, revisited. My art is the expression of all that I am, all that I wish for and all that I long to be.

My process is generally to draw with a mechanical pencil on paper, then I like to photograph the drawing and paint it in Photoshop CS4 with my wacom tablet. It’s a cross between traditional and digital, which translates as ‘tradigital’. This is a method I’ve adopted for some time, but I also like to used mixed media and in the past have used acrylics, charcoal, ink and chalk pastel, my most recent painting was a watercolour, all painted by hand. Each process is has something different to enjoy and I love to play with different surfaces and try new things.

"Mi & Yuu" by Karin Taylor | RedBubble:

"Solar Power" by Karin Taylor | RedBubble:

"Gypsy" by Karin Taylor | RedBubble:

"Pearl of the Sea" by Karin Taylor | RedBubble:

"Heart of Gold" by Karin Taylor | RedBubble:

"Pilgrimage" by Karin Taylor | RedBubble:

"Rainbow Warriors of Bubblegum Bay" by Karin Taylor | RedBubble:

"little owl" by Karin Taylor | RedBubble:

"Hidden Treasure" by Karin Taylor | RedBubble:

"angel dust" by Karin Taylor | RedBubble:


Here is Alela Diane "White As Diamonds" from the album "To Be Still"

No comments:

Post a Comment